If you are planning to install a new garage door, there are a number of things you’ll want to consider when choosing what garage door you want. Not only should your garage door be functional, it should also be aesthetically pleasing and fit the overall design of your home. The following are a few things to look for when installing a new garage door:
- Durability – Durability is an important factor in your choice because the last thing you want to do is have to pay for numerous repairs or buy another garage door sooner than you were expecting.
- Material – There are tons of different materials to choose from, including fiberglass, aluminum, steel and timber. Steel tends to be one of the strongest and most durable options.
- Maintenance – Some doors require more maintenance than others. As long as the hardware is of good quality, the door you choose should last a relatively long period of time.
- Security – Some cheaper garage doors may look fine, but they are also easier to break in. Remember, the garage door’s main purpose is to protect your car and the contents of your garage from being stolen. There’s no point to your garage door if it can be easily broken into.
- Mechanisms – There are several mechanisms to consider, including roller, sectional, hinged and canopy. They all come with different benefits and drawbacks and the choice will largely depend on your needs.
- Warranties – You should look at the warranty offered by the company as a sign of its quality. Longer warranties are usually a sign of high quality.
Keep these tips in mind when installing a new garage door. Be sure to contact us at Cost Less Garage Doors today for more information and advice about garage doors.